Monday, April 8, 2013

The Pledge: Book Review


The Pledge by Kimberly Derting


I didn't take this for dystopian because there are magical queens, and whatever a post apocalyptic world might look like, magical queens aren't on my list. Maybe there's some kind of X-men genetic developmental stuff, but it didn't feel like that. Anyway, I really enjoyed reading this story. I loved that it ended and it felt like an ending. I can happily live my life without reading anything else in this world because I have closure. I love that. 

I thought the character started out a cool girl, cussing and disrespecting her mother, but then she became kind of a weak chick dragged around by her friend to do all sorts of exciting illicit stuff. For some reason, that didn't really bother me, because some people are like that. Particularly teen type people. Besides which, she was really good about her sister. 

Admittedly, I started this book at midnight and read it in a few hours, so I'm probably missing stuff that I'd have been irritated by if I'd been in a more cogent state. I don't mind that. It was an entertaining read with very exciting stuff with Max, although personally I was more 'intrigued' by Xander (agree with another reviewer who finds Max's reason for obsession rather lame) but that's okay because Xander was too cool for her. 

I enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment