Friday, June 12, 2015

Life as Zoo



Isn't he cute? His name is Otis, and we saw him at the library. Now all the kids want owl pets just like in Harry Potter. I'm inspired to include more wonderful flying scenes in my House of Slide series. Silently gliding through the night, eyes watching from the darkness, sharp beaks and claws, feathers floating down from the sky.

I am rewriting Hybrid. Still. It's slow going because I'm changing so much. I feel like Dariana and Lewis's voices are off. I need to get so much in before the end of the book, and it's really exciting. I'm really finding the fun in editing with this story. I hope other people like it as much as I do. I reread a scene three times last night I liked it so much.

I'm so lucky to be able to write stories. And see owls. And sloths, penguins, baby kangaroos and lizards.

No comments:

Post a Comment