Friday, September 28, 2012

Fashion Friday: Monochrome

Okay. So, does anyone else notice that the way to look chic and photoshoot worthy is to don the same color from cap to toe-cap (the lastest shoe trend that I'm waiting to go away)? How do you look good in a tan bomber? Wear a tan flippy skirt with tan heels and tan tights, oh, and it helps if you're a blonde. Need to wear something outrageous? Make sure the rest of your outfit is the same color as that tutu, and you'll look AMAZING.

So, it's boring, so what? You'll look chic and that's what it's about.

Pause here while I rant for a second.

How you look isn't real. I know. That makes no sense, but seriously, after you get dressed, how much time do you spend looking at yourself? Checking in the mirror to make sure you're not gapping or whatever, but the rest of the day? It's how OTHER people see you that's going on, and that's interesting. Because how you look affects how other people think that they look, which is why I'd rather go to a party where I'm the worst dressed person than the best, as in, everyone's in t shirts and jeans which feels nothing like a party, not that there's anything wrong with t shirts and jeans, but still, if I'm there, it's what I see, so whatever amazing sequinned or studded thing I'm wearing, I'll feel like I'm wearing jeans and T's.

Does this make any sense? Probably not. Anyway. Back to monochromatic.

I've been wearing burgundy a lot. Like, head to toe, lot with burgundy skinny velvet jeans (which turned out amazing and I LOVE) and burgundy origami shirt (feel a little bit pretentious when I wear it, but who cares?) and my lace hoodie (lace has never been so cozy). I lurve it. To death. And I look so plum fantastic, AHA!!! I caught myself there, acting like how I look is actually something that I can be impressed by. How I think I look? Hm. Well, it's fantastic!

Anybody wear monochrome and look/feel super elegant or just boring?

2 comments:

  1. I need to see pics of the burgundy velvet jeans!
    XOXO
    -Daisy Nguyen from PS BANANAS fashion blog:
    http://psbananas.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx Daisy! Burgundy photos coming soon!

    ReplyDelete